- Eases inflammatory redness and pigmentation.
- Can help treat acne.
- Offers antioxidant protection from environmental aggressors like pollution, sunlight, and radiation.
- It may aid in wound healing and supports collagen production.
|Product Price||R 100.00|
What are the benefits of bee propolis in skin care?
This powerful natural ingredient has become a staple in the natural world. Below, the benefits you can look for—especially for those with sensitive skin. It’s especially great for those with sensitive or sensitized skin because it treats and nurtures skin rather than stripping the skin barrier—like many of the topicals on the market can do.
- Eases inflammatory redness and pigmentation. Inflammation can be caused by a variety of triggers, be it external (the cold, a skin care reaction), or internal (food or stress). One of the more common signs of inflammation in the skin is redness, and using a moisturizer or topical with bee propolis can help ease said redness. It can also help ease and prevent post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation for that reason.
- Can help treat acne. Because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory nature, it can help aid acne treatments in two ways: first, by targeting the bacteria-causing acne; second, by easing the inflammation in the skin that leads to the acne in the first place. Inflammation also does this by drying out your skin, which can lead to flakes, scabs, and even scars.
- Offers antioxidant protection from environmental aggressors like pollution, sunlight, and radiation. The resin is high in antioxidants and can neutralize free radicals and oxidative stress that damages skin cells, leading to premature aging, dullness, dark spots, and more.
- It may aid in wound healing and supports collagen production. Studies have shown that bee propolis can help support wound healing by spurring Type I and Type III collagen production. It’s not as widely studied to see how bee propolis spurs otherwise healthy collagen production.